Sunday, October 14, 2018

Some specific blocking tags.

Hey coaches, hope the season is going well for all so far. I've been trying to get out some newer material, but i always draw a blank. I'd like to think i know a bit about this wonderful offense but I'm always torn between what to type about, and what to possibly make a video about. Either way, I reached out to a coaching friend of mine asking for ideas, he suggested this:





Now, to me this looks very similar to 434 G which i discussed a while back, but with a few differences, most notably, the formation.  But that's not what struck my interest. What struck my interest was the fact that this play, along with many others in the offense, has many different ways to block any given play.

So for today I'm going to go over  4 different blocking tags that can be used for pretty much most of the 400 or "G" series, and of course, 234/36.

So with out further ado (think that's a word) lets talk some blocking rules.

The first one I'm going to go over is "Railroad" Alot of coaches have asked about this and after looking through the playbook i put it on paper.



It's a pretty simple, down, down, kick blocking assignment that can, in my opinion, make 234/36 that more deadly.



Next one is the "5" call, which I believed I've covered before, but we're gonna cover it again!






This one is the most common on 234/36 with the SE and ST double teaming the 5 tech, with the HB kicking the end. The SG hooks #1, which is the PSLB in this look.



The next one is "Beverly Hills"

This one, in my opinion has the weirder blocking rules and I'm not gonna lie, I'm not 100% on the SE blocking responsibility.


Rules are: SE: Base out- which in this terminology, I cant tell if it's an actual base block, or the Slot-Ts "base" tag that we'll cover next.
ST: Block out.
SG: Hook #1





The last one we'll cover today in the "Base" call

Rules are pretty simple.

SE: Hook #3

ST: Hook#2

SG: Hook #1








That'll cover it for today coaches, if ya'll have any in depth questions you' like to ask don't hesitate and I'll try to answer as best I can.

Thanks to my buddy Coach Holmes for suggesting this, even if you didn't lol.

Next topic i think will be on formations and formation variations, or the Toss series, I'm not sure. Ya'll let me know what you'd like to learn.

flapattack92@gmail.com
Twitter @flapattack92

PaKetterman

No comments:

Post a Comment